Putting the Right Bait on Your Line:
Google Keyword Search.
I am not a fisherman but I know enough that certain types of fish like particular types of bait. There is no point putting worms on your line if the fish only like Pippies.
People are no different. You need to use the right keywords to attract visitors to your website.
This simply means that when people are searching on the internet for a particular item or question they will use a set of words in that search.
How can we know what words people are likely to type in to find what they are looking for within a niche?
Hang on you don’t have to panic!. There is a fantastic tool to help, its called Jaaxy and you will find a link at the bottom of the page
I will try to explain it to you here.
Let’s do an example that fits with my opening analogy of bait. Suppose you want to search what type of bait is required to catch fish.
Do a Google Keyword Search.
This is what I came up with using a search for: best bait for fishing flathead.
From my search I can see some terms people may have used but you cannot tell from here how much competition there is or how many searches there are.
If you want to rank your website highly on Google you need to be able to compete with all the others out there promoting the same niche. Every page on your website offers an opportunity to rank on Google if you include particular keywords in your content.
You need words that have low competition but a high number of searches. You need to work quality content around the keywords you have decided upon after completing your research.
Try to focus on just a couple of keywords on each post. The more posts you write using your key word the higher are your chances of getting to page one on Google without paying to be there.
If you have subscribed as a premium member of Wealthy Affiliate to build your website you will find this very valuable tool available for your unlimited use. This is a must have tool to get the best keywords and have a better chance of ranking highly on Google.
Here is your link to sign up to Wealthy Affiliate to build your website. You will learn much more about Jaaxy, the key word research tool once you are inside.
Wealthy Affiliate is by far the very best platform on the internet to build your online business.
It will provide you with the opportunity to host up to 50 sites and give you all the tools and training you could possibly need to build a successful online business. I absolutely recommend signing up as a Premium member because of the long list of benefits available to you and the incredible support which is always prompt to respond when you need assistance.
Fish for keywords with Jaaxy.
Key Points for High Ranking Keywords:
- Try to find words that have more than 30 searches per month the higher the number of searches the better.
- Check out your competition and try to keep it below 100, this means there are fewer people targeting the same niche as you. This will be labeled as QSR on the tool below which I have provided a link for.
- Make sure your keyword actually makes sense. This is really important because you want to be correct and professional in everything you do.
- You can choose a key word that stands alone or one that has a tail, that is a phrase.
- If I just search for bait it will be too broad. I searched for Best bait for fishing.
- Include your keywords in strategic places on your website. I think it is good to have your focus key word within your title and within the opening paragraph at least. Do not over do it throughout the post but list the keywords in the meta tags in your admin area below the content.
When I logged into our Keyword search tool Jaaxy, I searched for best bait to catch flathead. The results returned me very little to get excited about so I changed my search to fishing bait and tackle. The results were much more promising and so I would settle on that key word phrase if that was my niche.
The table below shows a comparison between the two key word searches I did. You can clearly see the first one gets far more traffic but it is a broader term encompassing both bait and tackle.
To access Jaaxy: Click on this link:
First Click on the link below.
If you have found some useful and helpful information here I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment below or if you still have questions please ask and I will do my best to answer them.
If I can’t then I will refer it to someone else in my team at Wealthy Affiliate who can. I would love to be able to help you with your business.